Saturday, June 5, 2010
10 Months
Wow... writing it out sounds crazy, I cannot believe that Adessa is already 10 months old. I wanted to write this post on Adessa because I just love this stage with her and do not want to forget it. She started crawling only a month ago, but she is into everything already and there is no space in the house where she doesn't want to explore. She is pulling herself up on everything and making me realize what it means to let go a bit. I found with Danika I would 'baby' her all the time, because I had so much time for her. I would surround her with toys all the time and keep her out of harms way. However Adessa is constantly getting into situations where I am not always there to watch. Such as pulling herself up on everything and falling, or pulling things down onto her. I am always quick to rush over and cuddle her, thinking there is going to be a big yell, she usually just looks at me like, whats wrong!? She is one tough cookie and barely cries when she gets hurt. She is still putting everything in her mouth, and I mean everything! Rocks, grass, paper, leaves, food, carpet anything she finds on the ground goes instantly in her mouth. But besides all the mischief this little one gets into, she is an absolute joy to be around. She has such beautiful blue eyes and she makes the best expressions that make everyone around her laugh! Her favorite game is hide and seek. She holds something over her until we say, "Where did Adessa go?" and then she pops her head out with a big squeal. SO precious! Another favorite game is when daddy gets home from work, he picks Adessa up in his arms and chases Danika around our "track" (wall separating kitchen from living room). Adessa gets her arms and legs flapping and kicking like shes flying and just squeals! And I just sit and watch as Danika and Adessa squeal with delight! Its probably my favorite game as well (mainly because I get to sit back and watch and Steve gets some serious exercise!!) This morning I was blessed to have her in my bed for morning cuddles while daddy went to work early. She would smile at me, dive her face into me and let me cuddle her. then she fell asleep in my arms for a nice long nap. I savored that alone time with my little baby, as it rarely happens and just praised God for both my little girls. I truly am one blessed momma!!!
Having a tea party with Danika, she loves wearing hats!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is getting so big! The girls and I love this video! We can't wait to see you guys this summer! Your blog is amazing!
ReplyDelete