


Last week of camp was youth camp and it was done up in style. The last night was Banquet night and it was quite extravagant, thanks to my amazing, talented husband who spent the entire day setting it up!!! It was also the time I had to say goodbye to some good friendships I built over the course of the summer.
I told Danika about the banquet and let her know that we were able to "dress up" for it. She was sooo excited thinking she could wear one of her princess dress-up dresses complete with her princess high heels. I informed her that it was not practical as she could twist her ankle in the camp field with the uneven ground and that even mommy doesn't wear high heels!! So after some pouting she complied and we went and found a "beautitutal" (how Danika pronounces it) dress from her closet.
However when we arrived at camp I felt a little bit guilty as her best little buddies came running up dressed as spider man and super man!!!
It was quite precious as the "super heroes" gave Danika a lovely yellow rose, and we took pictures of the kids all together. Talk about flash-forward to prom!!!
It was a fun, yet freezing cold evening with some delicious food and good company!
No comments:
Post a Comment