Today was a long one. This morning I was able to drop the girls off at a good friends house and drive into the hospital to meet Steve after he had a Endoscopy of his upper GI tract. The doctor did confirm that Steve has an ulcer in his upper GI. The day prior Steve was put on an IV to stop the bleeding from the ulcer and apparently that had worked, thankfully. We are unsure how long he had the ulcer for, but his hemoglobin (?) levels were at 82 when they should have been between 130-150 for a guy his age. So the doctor was preparing to do 2 blood transfusions on Steve. however this evening after the doctor read the risks to Steve, and giving Steve the option, Steve decided against the transfusion, as it didn't seem like the risk outweighed the benefit of doing it. Steve will hopefully come home tomorrow morning and will be home the next couple of weeks to recover as he is so very weak.
This has been a scary experience and through it all, the Lord has just been revealing himself to me, in words shared by friends and family, or through reading his word, or even this morning, everything on the Christian radio spoke right to me. That no matter what happens we need to keep our eyes turned to Jesus and to praise him in the good times and in the bad.
This experience has made me really miss family around us. however I have been blessed by the friendships I have developed here and the willingness of friends to give a hand no matter what.
I am so looking forward to having Steve home tomorrow and being able to take care of him, I just hope and pray that he can get the rest he needs in this crazy house/life of ours! And I am so thankfull that the doctors were able to diagnose so quickly!
Hi Sis,
ReplyDeletePraying for you both still. Talked to Steve and got an update. That is crappy he is still there. Isn't it really amazing though how much peace God gives in these situations?? Having your husband in the hospital just shows you how we have no control... but God gives us amazing peace letting us know that HE is in control...
Phillip 4:7 "Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10
And here is a special one for you sis,
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8 (NIV)
xoxoxo Love you all!!! Linsey