Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Frustrations

In reality I have nothing to complain about...but sometimes it feels good just to rant, and to look back and see what these years were really like! I have been struggling with keeping a happy attitude in dealing with my youngest. We have had a low key week with not a lot planned so maybe that is some of the problem. But she has been driving me bonkers! I know comparing is awful and I am a firm believer in never comparing in front of siblings, however Adessa is 100% opposite to what Danika was at her age, and I know I have said this before! She wakes up early and never ever cuddles in bed with us. She constantly wants to eat, yelling "Ungry!" or "Nack!" or "Cracker!" at my feet. Even if we have just eaten. I am finding it difficult to offer 'healthy snacks' as sometimes it is easiest to just fill a bowl with crackers! She eats everything still... still munches on the chalk, fills her cheeks with my potting soil and chews on the wood chips in it! I so thought that was last summer, but it has carried over and it makes me nervous. A few weeks ago she picked up dog poo (thankfully I caught her in time!) and I just don't know what to do! The weather is warmer and I want to be able to go outside and get some stuff done, but I constantly have to keep my eyes on her! A few times this week as well she has protested her afternoon naps! I am so not ready to give them up yet!
But on the other hand, she lives life to the fullest! She loves to run and is practicing her jumping. She goes hard on slides and loves falling over. I definatley think she will be my little dare devil and enjoy all the big scary rides! She also loves her "keeko or cocoa" (aka Meeko!) and laughs when he does anything and likes to sit on his back when he is lying down and cuddle him. She also gives the best hugs and kisses...when you can get them from her! She is also VERY friendly. She yells "HI!" to everyone who passes and always has a smile for them!
So even while I am having a tough time with this stage in Adessa's life, I am so thankful for who she is and I know we will grow out of these stages eventually... we just hope sooner than later!

I wrote this post last night, and forgot to publish it, but I have even more to add to this fun list! Meeko... he is shedding his puppy coat and there is dog hair EVERYWHERE! Now thankfully our floors match his fur color, but when you really look, there is a fine layer over the floor and furballs under every piece of furniture! He is also digging up my backyard... chewing on my rose bushes and raspberry stocks!
Oh and I took Adessa for a walk today and she cried half of the time and then when we got to the dog park and I let her out of the stroller she picked up dog poo again!!!! Oh what do I do?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment