Saturday, April 23, 2011

Shining Sun

Today was Glorious!
My favorite part of the day was this morning when we sat down for breakfast and were asking Danika what Easter means. She relayed the whole story to us, with vivid details that she had learned at school. She brought me to tears with her insight. She told us all about Judas betraying Jesus, how they nailed him to a cross and put thorns on his head, which would have been really owie. Then they played games for his clothes, and when his friends went to the tomb, the rock was rolled away and "HE WAS RISEN!!!" And she told me the chocolate and easter bunny is just for fun. She is such a smart little girl, and blesses me daily with her sweet little words.

Unfortunately I was stuck inside for the majority of the day doing Easter dinner prep. We decided last minute to do an Easter dinner as we had no plans. So I bought a turkey and all the fixings and went a little crazy! I had some people on my heart all week, so we invited them over. It should be a good day... and I hope all the food turns out!
This morning while I was busy prepping, Lizzy took the girls for an hour and made cupcakes with them, they turned out beautifully!

I tried to get Adessa to smile... this is what I captured, what a monkey hey?!
Beautiful cupcakes and a beautiful girl!

After prepping everything we went for a LONG walk in the sunshine, it was amazing, the sun was warm and the air was so fresh smelling, God's creation is so beautiful! We walked to a new development where they have stairs down to the beach, and it was so fun!
Like father like daughter
Such a peaceful, beautiful night
Meeko playing fetch
My babies were cold, so they snuggled...
It was a precious moment!

1 comment:

  1. ooh...i love that last beautiful picture....precious!!

    ReplyDelete