Tuesday morning we woke up to a phone call from the SPCA saying there was a call that a lady had our dog. Apparently she was driving through Crofton on Sunday night around 6 pm (right around the time he escaped!) and she almost hit him, so she pulled over, opened the door and he went bounding into her van! Her and her 2 kids fell in love with Meeko and since he didn't have a collar on, named him 'Douglas.' I went and picked him up that morning, and it was so good to see my lil pup! And it sounds like Meeko made some new friends!
Thursday, April 28, 2011
I really do love my puppy!!
This week has been a busy one. Sunday night after Easter dinner, Meeko escaped out of the backyard. Steve and our company of the evening went out and looked for a few hours and then another round of wonderful friends came over with a hunting dog. The dog sniffed Meeko's collar and went off up to the school and then stopped on one lawn and went crazy. It was too late at night, so the next morning Steve and Danika went knocking on doors. I hadn't been too anxious as I figured someone must have taken him in for the night because his collar was not on. We looked all day... after a quick lunch stop at our friends for turkey buns! And went home feeling defeated. We had the Burdges over for round 2 of turkey buns and they helped us make up Lost puppy posters. Steve went and printed a bunch and we started putting them up around town. He came home late Monday night looking and feeling totally defeated. We so thought he would have turned up that day! I barely slept Monday night. I had a sick feeling that Meeko was gone, that someone drove by, picked him up and that was it! Now I know many may say that maybe it was for the better (if you were reading my blog!) since I complained so much of him ripping up my backyard and shedding all over the house, and lets not even get into the first month with us!!! BUT it all changed that moment I thought he was gone for good! As much as he drives me crazy, he has totally become a member of our family and I really do have a soft spot for the lil guy. So I still may complain about him at times, but this has really made me realize how much this puppy means to our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment