Monday, April 18, 2011

Much Needed Kick in the Butt

Tonight I had a good, long talk with my mommy. My parents have been gone to Hawaii for a couple of weeks, and even though we normally live so far apart I missed our phone conversations. My mom always speaks her mind and tells things as she sees them, and tonight was no exception. I was complaining, as I have been doing a lot of lately and talking about how tired I am, and how frustrated I am with the kids and how sick I was of the daily grind of cooking and cleaning. She reminded me how totally blessed I am and how I truly have nothing to complain about! I just need to get my priorities back in line... which is soooo true! I have not read the bible in AGES, I am constantly keeping busy with cooking, cleaning and planning the next activity when in reality I need to take time to sit down and enjoy my children. I really need to refocus on what is important. I need to make time for the King and set apart a time each day to read the word so that my daily focus is on Him rather that on myself and what I need. I find that when I am in the word I am so much more willing to serve and wanting to serve and love on my family unconditionally without expecting anything in return, rather than looking at how much I have to do or how hard I have to work. I have also been so focused on keeping a clean, orderly home that I forget to sit down and play house, or have a tea party (with real water, not toilet water!) So the rest of the week, this is my goal.... spending more time playing with my kids and spending time in the word. I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sister!!!! Along with your bible, crack the Mary Beth Moore book, i promise it will help you to see your priorities clearer as well.

    This is quite the journey though, isn't it? You are a great mom and wife, you just forget about yourself and what you need....so time with your God will fix that...

    ReplyDelete