Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Few Checks off of my List!

My parents were SO helpful. Not only did they help out with my girls and the house, they helped complete a few check marks on my Honey-Do list. It is quite a long list... so I think Steve was very thankful as well! Not only did they do a bunch of the little chores, but my mom trimmed all my shrubs and plants, dug out weeds for hours and we dug out gravel at the front of the house and put in a little garden! Now I am not sure if it will take or not, but it sure is going to be a fun project for Danika and I to do together during Adessa's naps.
Steve had some extra lumber in the backyard, and I have been wanting an area for the girls to play, so my wonderful dad decided to make a sand box. It is perfect! And the girls love it! This all happened on Friday and we all came out with a burned back... it really felt like a summer day!

Garden area after we dug out the rocks
Danika watering our completed garden
My dad taking a break... doesn't the sand box look great?!
Post weed removal... the grass and weeds were a few feet up the other side of the fence, mom and I spent hours digging it all out, and had scratches all over our arms!
Adessa is one smart little girl, she put on her own gardening gloves and were taking the weeds mom picked and putting them in a pile!
Danika playing with the pool
For my birthday present, my mom took me to the Chemainus theater. We were both pretty exhausted after working outside all day, but we still decided to go and had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment