Friday, May 6, 2011

Hockey is Life Weekend

Today the girls were watched by a wonderful friend and I went out to Arbutus Ridge Golf Course (a BEAUTIFUL golf course!) to help our church in their big fundraiser of the weekend. It started today by a big golf tournament and Caroline and I got to drive the golf cart all day and sell raffle tickets to win the Grant Fuhr jerseys we were wearing. And to personally get Grant Fuhr to autograph it. At the beginning of the day we were able to meet Mr. Fuhr and get our pictures taken with him. He was a very kind, quiet man.... but I got a few laughs out of him by the end of the day! We had lots of fun, but the day was very cold and rainy so we froze! But froze with a smile on our faces! Now tomorrow is the big street hockey tournament, and the girls and I are going out to cheer Steve on!

Freezing by our sweet ride!
Sporting our Grant Fuhr jerseys. We had sooo much fun, and lots of laughs!

2 comments:

  1. All I am wondering is how to gorgeous girls could be wearing ÒILERS jerseys and still smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... we had lots of comments, especially since Canucks are in the playoffs!!! But we had too... it was Grant Fuhr's team!

    ReplyDelete