This past weekend my Aunt Dolores and Uncle Gary from Oregon came up the West coast and visited with us for a couple of days. The evening they arrived we took them out for a walk to the ocean and then came home for dinner and present opening. I was a little bit nervous about the visit as I have known my aunt and Uncle for the majority of my life as a child or teen. And to now be the one hosting, as an adult with my own family was a different feeling. We didn't see them a whole lot growing up as we lived so far apart, however I do have some awesome childhood memories of visiting their home in Oregon and doing some awesome trips and sightseeing. They are the most wonderful hosts, with such a gorgeous home. I also remember being spoiled endlessly with clothing. She would always bring up loads of clothing for us from the states, which was always exciting as it was different styles. Apparently Joel and Linsey liked to model their clothing, but I was never too keen on doing so! Surprise... I am still like that!
So it was only right that as Danika and Adessa opened bags full of clothing that they would have to put on a fashion show for us! Adessa was instantly into an outfit and Danika happily tried on her clothing as well. They all fit wonderfully and a few items to grow into as well. Great Grandma also had a clothing present for both of the girls, and everything was just perfect.
Auntie Dolores also brought up giant sticker sheets for the girls, which were a big hit.
Danika made a new best friend with her 'Great' Aunt as Dolores spent much of her time either coloring with Danika or playing in her sticker books. And the night they had to leave ended with some money for Danika for graduating from pre-school, Danika was pretty ecstatic!
On Monday we went over to Salt Spring Island for the afternoon to hike in Ruckle park, then strolled around downtown with ice cream cones. We went back home to watch the Canucks get their butts kicked, while eating steaks and sipping wine gifted by Dolores and Gary for our birthday dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment