Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Darling Danika Turns 5....

And seriously where did the time go? Can you believe she is 5? Because I can't. It doesn't feel like too long ago when we were in the hospital with the tiniest baby we both had ever seen or held... let alone have to take care of! But God knew what we needed at that time, and it came in the package of a 4 pound baby girl. She has changed out lives for the better, and I believe she makes an impression on most she meets! I didn't realize at the time how to truly love someone with all your being. But my Danika has made me realize that in the deepest way possible. She has the sweetest little soul and just thinking about the preciousness of my girl brings me to tears. My Danika with her endless big brown eyes, and sensitive little heart. She always knows when mommy is sad or mad and wants to make it all better. With her sweet little smile, her gentle hugs. Sometimes I feel like I am the child when she is stroking my hair and telling me its alright. This little girl just knows things. I remember meeting our land lord at our apartment in Calgary and after her meeting Danika she commented on how she is an "old soul." Those words have been said a few times about Danika, and its true. While she can still be my crazy little monkey, and talk any one's ear off- she has a sweet, sensitive heart, which is very rare for a girl her age.
Steve and I both just feel utterly blessed to be Danika's mommy and daddy, and we hope we can raise her in a way that would make God proud!

"Shout your praises to God, everybody!
Let loose and sing! Strike up the band!
Round up an orchestra to play for God,
Add on a hundred-voice choir.
Feature trumpets and big trombones,
Fill the air with praises to King God."

Psalm 98:4-6

The Message (MSG)


Danika in the play room one night... Steve caught her on camera!

"Danika-The One Man Band!"

No comments:

Post a Comment