Tuesday, June 28, 2011
SLOW DOWN!
....That was the message I finally let sink in today. I always fill our days with things to accomplish, playdates, shopping trips, long walks with friends. But this past week has allowed me to re-focus on my priorities. The first few days of being sick, I was too sick to care about being busy, but the last few days as I have been on the mend I have been itching to be busy again and to socialize. Thinking we were almost all better yesterday, I started telling friends we could play soon. But last night Danika was up again for a couple of hours with my wonderful hubby taking care of her. Her little eyes were glued shut again, her cough was awful and she had another fever. This morning after a sleep-in I decided we needed to get out of the house for a little bit. So I packed the kids and the dog up and went over to the dog park in Crofton, where I can just let Meeko off his leash and he can do as he pleases. It was a wonderful walk, literally a breath of fresh air for all of us. The girls and I took our sweet time and just enjoyed the creation all around us. I had a bag so we decided to start a collection and find anything beautiful, neat or different to put into it. Adessa was fully into the game and found a lot of neat things to contribute. When we got down to the beach we were the only ones there and we continued our search of neat things. We put our feet in the water, spotted seals and crabs and just enjoyed one anther's company. I am so blessed to have my girls. And sometimes it takes totally slowling down to truly appreciate all of our blessings. My nature is to go hard all of the time and keep our days filled with things to do, but I believe God showed me that there needs to be time for rest, because it is in those times you can really see the hand of God and all the blessings he has poured out onto you. I just hope I can remember this all summer to take the time to slow down and enjoy lifes quiet moments with my girls, because time goes by so quickly!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment