This morning the girls and I watched two little girls named Penny and June for a friend of mine. Penny is Adessa's age, so the two ran off and played so well together, while Danika took charge and asked to babysit June! I was so proud of her! She made sure June was always happy, putting in her soother, finding her toys or making her smile. And then when June was tired Danika laid on the couch with her, sang her songs and tickled her face (just like I used to do to her! *sigh*) and June fell asleep.
Danika entertained her for about 2 hours, and she was so wonderful! Danika has only been done school for 2.5 days, but so far I am really loving having her home again! It is so much easier having her to play with Adessa- to help a bit with clean-up and just to have my baby girl back home all day! I didn't realize how much I missed her!
Oh and Danika told me that when she grows up she wants to be a babysitter AND a teacher. Thought I would write that down for the record! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment