Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First Day Solo

Today was extremely busy. Woke up at 7:50 am due to not sleeping well... I can thank my squirmy little girls and lack of husband for that! Panicked a wee bit and got Danika up and ready for school, texted Caroline to pick up Danika as Amara was still sleeping. That baby girl sleeps like a rock star... Ever since holidays she has been sleeping until 8 or 8:30 am. She keeps me on my toes all day but she sleeps so wonderfully both at night and during naps I really can't complain! 
Caroline picked up Danika and dropped off kailey for the days as mark and car were headed to Vancouver for the day to start the adoption process as they have been feeling like their family isn't quite complete. 
In the morning the girls jumped on the trampoline, we baked cookies, cleaned the house a bit and then my girlfriend stopped by with her two kids for coffee and a play date. 
We then took the girls to an amazing new building in Duncan called "Wendy's house" it is a large mobile building that has been transformed into kids play land. 
After school pick up we headed home, Amara went for a nap and the girls played on the trampoline for a solid hour. 
Hot chocolate and cookies to warm up! 

I had a crockpot meal cooking away all day thanks to my wonderful friend Sharon! Who stopped by last week and told me she was making me some freezer meals and then went home that day and packaged everything up and dropped them off for me the following day... Amazingly awesome friend or what?!? I am a blessed woman with wonderful friends. 
Dinner was a big hit... Parmesan pizza pasta. 
Then the girls got ready for the hot tub and we played in there with Amara for about an hour with glow sticks... Pretty awesome! Steve turned the heat down a bit before he left and it felt more like a big bath... The girls loved it. 

Showered the girls off and then as I was brushing hair to braid I found some unwanted guests in our friends hair! I remained calm and proceeded to pick out eggs from their hair as the big girls took turns reading. 
I read up a lot on lice tonight and everything says the same... Don't panic! So I got the girls all tucked into bed until their parents picked them up at 10:30pm. They are so sweet when they sleep... 

I am currently sitting in bed typing this with an itchy scalp and praying we can somehow avoid getting these awful little critters! But I do know that the girls have been sent home with notices of lice in the classroom for quite some time. I guess my new job in the evenings is peeking at the girls scalps! 

I received a small little text from Steve today from someone else's phone, saying the wifi isn't great, but that they arrived safely and are getting settled and that the time difference is 4 hours. Also that he loves us and misses us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment