Saturday, January 24, 2015

He's home!!!

We were very excited to go pick up Steve! I went and grabbed the girls early from school and 
Headed to Nanaimo. We got inside just in time to see the plane pulling up and Amara was screaming "daddy! Daddy!" Everyone was chuckling, it was pretty cute. The girls watched Steve coming off the plane and I wish I could have got a picture of them attacking him as he walked in the door. All three girls hugging him so tightly it was so precious! 
Soooo good to have him home. He was pretty exhausted as it took 24 hours from the time he left the Dominican to the time he got home. Layover in Toronto and then a night in Calgary, which worked out nicely so he could spend the night at his families and see his sisters. Unfortunately his mom was in Edmonton taking a course, but he had a nice visit with Leah and Sarah. 
We had a nice evening, with a special dinner and he showed us all his photos. He had a good time, lots of hard work, and he said it was so hard to leave the kids. They were able to put up a church from foundation up and got a lot done! 
Saturday morning Steve ended up spending his morning taking Amara to the walk in clinic as last night he was giving her a piggy back and when he pulled on her arm she started crying in excruciating pain. She wouldn't move her arm all night so we thought her shoulder was dislocated or something. So we gave her Advil and she slept through the night. But in the morning she still couldn't move it, it just hung at her side. So Steve took her to the clinic and they sent her up to the hospital to have x-rays done. Steve had to hold her down and said she was so scared, crying and screaming scary. My poor baby! The X-Ray came back with nothing wrong, so the dr grabbed her arm, twisted her hand back and forth and apparently it did the trick. He said it was a tendon out of place on her elbow. My poor baby sure had a traumatic experience though, but was apparently awarded with a Popsicle that made it all better! 

When Steve got home I had been baking like crazy so there were buns with cheese and ham, homemade bread, cookies and dinner in the crockpot. And the girls and I made some fun kinetic sand we saw on Pinterest, made out of flour and baby oil. It kept the girls busy for hours today and their hands were so soft! 

We then had a few homes we wanted to check out, but thought we better drive by and see what the properties were like before we went into them. So we drove by them all and all of them were disappointing. A couple beautiful homes, but the property's wouldn't work with Steve's trailers and boat. 
One day we will find the one. But for now we are very happy and comfortable where we are... Just always looking! 
After looking Steve dropped me and Meeko off and I ran home. Running with Meeko is not fun! He was dragging his butt at the end and ran into my legs a few times... But I think I need to get him in shape with me! I was also able to squeeze my workout in after I got home as Amara was napping. 
It feels so good to run and workout... But I struggle with consistency and finding the time!! 

So good to have Steve home! He was able to relax this afternoon and catch up on some rest before his busy week ahead of him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment