We get to pick up Steve tomorrow from the airport and I am so excited! I have friends who's husbands work in northern Alberta and are gone for two weeks, home for one and the cycle continues, but I truly don't know how they can do it?!? I mean I guess you just get in routine and figure it out, but I think that would be difficult! These 12 days have been long, but we have been keeping busy and the time has flown by! A little too busy I think. Adessa was a wreck today!
This week has been especially busy with something planned daily, now that I look back on it, I should have said no to some things.
Monday, after school drop off my girlfriend crystal dropped in and told me I was going to run 8 km and she would watch Amara. So I changed, grabbed my iPod and ran...
From my house to herd road and made really good time! But my knee was in so much pain. And that evening I could barely walk up and down my stairs. I told this friend I was planning to run a 10 km run, so she has taken it upon herself to train me! But this was a little too hard core of a start. My upper body and breathing were totally fine and felt like I could run forever, it was just my dang knee... Sport days are catching up to me and I could probably also use a new pair of runners!
For dinner, Joanne, mikes wife had us over for pizza. We had a nice, quick visit before I rushed home to throw the girls in bed and welcome our life group over. It is usually held at our friends the nagtegaals, but since Steve isn't home and I can't drive home a babysitter, they offered to have it at my place. Awesome night of discussion and ideas!
Tuesday we had a nice visit at the Nagtegaal farm and then Car kept Adessa for a play date until after school. Then Chelsea and her two girls came for a play date and stayed for dinner, which I frantically was trying to find a recipe for as they are gluten free!
Thankfully I had chicken, a crockpot, rice and veggies and dinner turned out excellent! Such a nice visit with these girls... So neat because both her girls are the same ages and grades as Danika and Adessa.
Wednesday we did our grocery shopping, then met Mel and her girls at Wendy's house for a big play date.
Amara always runs in and wants the fireman outfit put on and she sits and turns on the light and pretends to drive the truck, then quickly rips that off and runs to he next thing...
This bouncy horse inspired my Christmas present to Amara this year as she loves it! So I ordered one for Christmas, a purple one and she will not play with it! But whenever we visit Wendy's house she bounces on it between each station and drags it around with her! It's crazy!
Amara always runs in and wants the fireman outfit put on and she sits and turns on the light and pretends to drive the truck, then quickly rips that off and runs to he next thing...
This bouncy horse inspired my Christmas present to Amara this year as she loves it! So I ordered one for Christmas, a purple one and she will not play with it! But whenever we visit Wendy's house she bounces on it between each station and drags it around with her! It's crazy! The past few times I have been to Wendy's house, after about an hour Amara books it for the door, puts on her boots, attempts to put on her coat and tries to get out the door saying, "all done!" This girl sure knows what she wants in life!!
Got home, put Amara down for her nap and cleaned out Steve's truck... Big job! Also got some tidying done around the outside of the house I've been wanting to do since we moved in!
Then off to pick up the girls from school, Danika went for a play date to her best friends house, Lize and I took the younger girls to Charlene's for a play date and dinner.
Miriam and Amara are only 3 months apart, but they seem years apart! Amara is such a tiny little thing, but that doesn't slow her down... She is usually running laps around her friends... Literally!
Miriam and Amara are only 3 months apart, but they seem years apart! Amara is such a tiny little thing, but that doesn't slow her down... She is usually running laps around her friends... Literally! The girls have been sleeping so good... Mainly from exhaustion. My friends have been so amazing and supportive while Steve has been gone we have been busier than ever!
Today the girls had skating, and since it was Adessas day off, if she wanted to join the class then I had to go with her, so I dropped Amara off at Joanne's and took the girls. What a gong show! The girls hung off me quite a bit and cried a lot out of frustration... Which I understand, skating is not easy! But I think it was amplified because I was there. Then at the end I finally got rid the girls going on their own and decided to take a lap alone, and ended up having kids go in front of me and me fall down and take them all out! I was mortified to say the least... Made sure everyone was ok and jetted off that ice as quickly as I could!
Hoping Steve can help next week for an hour, or else I'll just help tie skates!

Keith and Charlene own a vet clinic in Duncan andare both veterinarians, so they have a ton of pets. Birds, lizards, fish, frogs, bunnies, cats and dogs. When I go over Meeko also gets a play date... He acts like a puppy in their back yard though and spent a lot of his time splashing in and out of heir drinking dish! 

No comments:
Post a Comment