Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Goodbye My Love

Tonight we dropped Steve off at the airport... And my heart hurts. This trip was planned quickly and came so quickly and now he is gone. I have total peace about him leaving, but as I lay in my bed, with both girls here (sleeping with me because I can't sleep alone!) and no hubby I am kind of sad. I have been the one to take off on trips- when I went to El Salvador a couple of years ago, Las Vegas for my sis in laws bachelorette, every summer driving back to Alberta. Never have I been the one left behind. He always told me how hard it was because I am a terrible communicator when away, and now he doesn't have a phone but I will hopefully be able to connect once a day through Skype, as he brought his laptop. 
Our church family has been so generous and have donated $2200 towards the trip that will cover the costs of the three compassions suitcases Steve, mike and his dad are able to bring down. They filled them over full (like 75lbs) full of hammers, nails, hundreds of socks and undies for the children in the school,Steve's suppliers donated some new tools, vitamins, bags of prescription and reading glasses, and sports equipment. It was amazing! The girls both have baseball gloves and put them in Steve's suitcase as well as they were excited to be able to give something. 

 Today I helped Steve pack up his last minute things, he had a bunch of emails to write and he dropped his phone off with one of his guys so they could run the business while he was away. After the girls were done school we went for dinner at white spot for our best family meal out in a long time! Amara actually sat and didn't scream... Too loudly! 
Steve wasn't sure how he was feeling  as he has been so busy with work and life, he hadn't really thought of the trip too much- it just came! He was a little nervous of working in the hot heat- so lots of prayers for strength and health are needed. 
I am excited for my husband and excited to see what God will do in His life. God wants us to live a radical life and to tell others about Him and "to go and make disciples of all the nations." Matthew 28:19 
I am thankful he heard Gods calling and took the challenge! It will be a long couple of weeks but I am also interested to see how I can do without him. The week is already filling up with things to do, so I'm sure time will pass quickly! 

Quick photo with dad before we say goodbye! Amara said bye and then ran for the doors... Which open automatically... Not cool with a runaway child! I got the girls in the van and they cried their eyes out for most of the trip home. Thankfully Steve flew out of Nanaimo so it wasn't too bad! We will miss you my love!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment