After school we came home and I attempted to give the girls hair cuts and do the big lice check. Danika was up first. Here is her hair pre-haircut...
I didn't bother with an after post because it was the most painful experience ever and it looks exactly the same!!
She is so obsessed with her long hair that she was crying and way over reacting at my cutting skills. Anyways I ended up taking off two inches but you cannot tell!! It was also my first time cutting hair... But after shelling out money to hairdressers who take an inch or less off this mane of hers I figured how hard could it be?!
Adessa was next- she is so sweet. She was very excited and very encouraging of my skills and wanted a whole new look. She was hoping for bangs "up to here" ( holding hand in line with the top of her forehead) and shorter hair so people could tell. But I started trimming and just couldn't do anymore. So hers also looks the same!
Amara was a little pruney at this point and wanting out of the bath!
For dinner Joanne, who is Mike's wife... Who is travelling with Steve to the Dominican brought us dinner. It was so lovely! She brought us a thing of sloppy joe meat, homemade buns, homemade loaf of bread, homemade cookies and a bag of carrots and chocolate! She spoiled us!
We have been utterly blessed by our church family!
In the evening Steve called us on FaceTime and it was so wonderful to see his face and hear his voice! He was able to figure out wifi but apparently it isn't super reliable.
They are doing well. Not sleeping great, but working hard in the hot sauna like conditions. Everyone has been safe and healthy so that was a good update!
They got off work a bit early and were able to go out snorkelling for a bit. I guess a few young guys in the group took Steve to a reef about 20 minutes from shore and they were out snorkelling for about 2 hours without stopping... With no life jackets! A little terrifying. Apparently they had floating Pepsi bottles full of bread though and they sprayed it out and thousands of fish would swim under them.
I guess when they were swimming up to the reef, there was a charter boat and the man in the boat was yelling "shark! Shark!" And Steve said he has never been more terrified! But the guys with him said he was just trying to scare them off... Thankfully!!!
The girls were so excited to talk to daddy and had lots of questions. Where Steve is building the church there is a little girl who is 8 years old and Steve says she is always around. I guess they have a special hand shake that they like to do! And the girls wanted him to give her the baseball gloves they sent along. I guess Steve is the only one down there with any framing knowledge, so he has been busy building the trusses for the building. So proud of my hubby!
After I got the girlies tucked into bed, 5 of my girl friends came over for a hot tub and a movie. So much fun! Hung out in the hot tub for an hour and then came in to pop popcorn and we watched 'moms night out,' super cute film! We laughed our heads off as we can all relate!!!
I went to bed feeling very content, and so blessed by all God has placed in my life!
And thankful that I did NOT find any bugs in my girls hair... *huge sigh of relief*


No comments:
Post a Comment