Since Adessa has been a baby we have always been a little concerned about her coughing. At first we credited to our tiny, moldy cottage we lived in for her first year, but even since moving we have noticed the coughing. Significantly in the past few weeks she coughs to the point of puking. She has done it at a few meals, during bath time and even while playing. I thought at first she was always choking because she eats her food so fast, but apparently not, as this happens during any point of the day. I finally booked her in for an appointment and my Dr figures it sounds like she has asthma. She recommended trying a puffer with a chamber to see if it helps, but she was out of samples, so we just decided to monitor it over the next few weeks. I personally thought she had inhaled some toy (as she still puts EVERYTHING into her mouth!) but the doctor checked and said her airways are clear, so that's good to know! My other question was Adessa's constant hunger. It has been driving me crazy! All day she is at me feet yelling either "teeat or nack!" (treat or snack) as she always seems to want to eat! The Dr told me this is fine, that Adessa is a perfect size.. nice and healthy, and that she is growing like a weed. Adessa and Danika are total opposites in this aspect, and I cannot compare them. She also suggested getting in a lot more protein into her snacks, not just our easy-go to crackers. So that is my challenge in the next few weeks.... getting creative and preparing snacks with lots of protein, and hopefully Adessa's constant need to eat will dim down some, and I can get a break from the constant "teating and nacking!!"
Ending the day with a milkshake party, Steve created one with mixed berries and banannas... quite delicious, the girls loved them!
Ending the day with a milkshake party, Steve created one with mixed berries and banannas... quite delicious, the girls loved them!
Adessa chugged hers down so quickly!
Poor Adessa... thats scary! Hopefully its not asthma. I remember Ella was like that too with her food. Peanut butter is a great protein, with crackers ;) those YOP drinks (yogurt drinks) are good too, Andrea always used to give those to Eme in her sippy cup, then its less mess. Or put yogurt in a cup with some milk so its thinner, (if she likes yogurt). haha some big sister advice ;) I like Adessa's outfit, too cute on her!
ReplyDelete