Monday, March 7, 2011

Wish I was here...

This past weekend was the baby shower for my sweet little nephew, Max. When my sister sent me these photos, I cried. I haven't cried a whole lot about moving here this past year or so, as we have a beautiful home and have made wonderful friends. However when I look at pictures or hear what I have missed, or see how big my own girls are getting, I get very sad and lonely. I miss our family sooo much. I miss being able to get together just whenever and going over on Sunday afternoons to just hang out and visit (the things I used to take for granted!) I miss showing off how big Danika is getting and milestones Adessa is hitting. And now I have a little nephew who is growing by the day, and I am missing it all. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, especially the weather, as it is a 25 degree difference in temperature at the moment. But sometimes I wonder... is it worth it???

Max and Ella

My gorgeous mother and sister

He's getting so big!
The Sue Sylvester look... love it!

Beautiful mommy


The amazing napkins at the shower... had to post this!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh sister... I didn't mean to make you cry!! We miss you too soooo much, and I know it must be so hard for you. God will show you if and when He wants you to come back... and just think of how much He has been teaching you to rely on Him... many of those times wouldn't have happened if you were here with us... we love you so so much and know that there is a reason you are there and not here. Just like youre bible verse says, God has it all planned out dear one. I will pray that those lonely times don't last long :) and you will be distracted by the beautiful creation you get to enjoy and your wonderful friends! We love you!! xoxox (and we are coming out in summer so you better plan which beaches we are going too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nicole
    We miss you sooo much and I cry everytime I talk to Danika and I just want to come over and take her for a walk or play with her in her tent. Adessa is growing up so quick and becoming a little girl---can't wait to chase her - I miss you guys coming over on the weekend and spending the day with us old people.
    So the day you get tired of gorgeous weather, lush foilage, roaring ocean, fabuous friends, challenging hikes and laid back life on the Island let me know and I will be down to pack you all up and bring you back to Alberta weather....and lots of love
    Have a great day and treasure your girls
    xxooMOM

    ReplyDelete