Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend




The weekend was nice. Saturday Steve worked for most of the day and then in the evening we went out to the Burdges for dinner. We ate a lot of yummy food and then went our separate ways from the men. Us ladies headed upstairs to hang out with the kids while the men went outside to shoot off rockets .... Steves first time!Sharon and I were both super tired and it was nice to sip tea and visit while the kids played around us. I really noticed how much Adessa has changed. She was super happy and occupied herself a lot. Mind you she still wanted her mommy, but she wasn't screaming and crying for me and it was really nice. She is growing up so quickly and I love that we are outgrowing some stages with Adessa, and entering new ones! We also tried our hand at a game of scrabble... the board proved what we already knew... we were just too tired. Can you tell...??? Sunday morning we woke up and decided we needed to do something fun as a family so we got on our swimsuits and headed to the busiest place on a Sunday morning.. the pool!!! There was a swim meet and it was PACKED! But we decided we made it that far so we mine as well go for it. We actually really enjoyed ourselves and the kids had a blast. We then went out for lunch and Steve and I walked out commenting to one another how that was the best dining experience we have had, post Adessa! We really hope we have turned a page with our little monkey and that it is here to stay!




Then last night we had a babysitter and went to see Brian Doerksens 'Level Ground' concert. It was an amazing evening of worship and hearing testimonies. We were so refreshed by it and so glad we went!
Today was pretty low key. Steve emptied our backyard of all our spring trimmings (aka hacked off our apple, plum and pear tree!) and the girls and I had a couple play dates. Sharon surprised us by bringing lunch and delicious cookies to go with our coffee. When Sharon arrived we heard little "hi's" coming from the closed bathroom door, so you can imagine my suprise when I opened the bathroom door to this face...does she look guilty to you....

TOTALLY GUILTY!!

It got in her hair and after 2 baths it is still quite greasy! I have been reading up on getting vaseline out of clothing and it has been a full night process!!!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting.....seems like Adessa's mommy like vasiline in her hair too. Like mommy like dessa!

    ReplyDelete