Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I have really been lacking on my blog updates... but that is because the sun has been out and we have been keeping quite busy! It is so nice to have the sun shining, see the buds coming out and hearing the lawn mower roar to life! It makes me happy and so energized!

On Monday night Danika went for her first sleep over without her blankie and pillow.. her 2 most beloved possessions. She did so well. We had some friends come out for a few days and so we had a big dinner party at the Nagtegaal farm and Danika's 2 best friends were having a sleepover and asked if Danika could too. We said yes, but only if she could last without her favorite items. She bravely said yes as her big brown eyes welled up with tears and her lower lip quivered. I held her tight and prayed with her and she said she could do it.
In the morning when I went to pick her up I asked her how it went. She told me it was good, but that she woke up at night and cried quietly so she wouldn't wake anyone up. I was so proud of my big girl!
The Party Girls
Steve put up a swing on our plum tree in the backyard
Adessa getting into the craft cupboard, thought this picture was pretty cute with her plumber crack
My wonderful friend Sharon left this beautiful gift and card for me after visiting one day, it was such a nice surprise. It is so nice to feel loved!
My girls helping me make milkshakes one night after their baths
The area behind our house has now turned into the area we throw Meeko's ball for him. It all goes fine until someone walks by...
Adessa rewarding him for bringing us the ball... he is a really good fetcher
Danika was busy doing her artwork while Adessa and I played catch, I was amazed by this picture!


1 comment:

  1. you ARE SO loved! I like the pic of my prezzie!! haha....we are such dorks taking pics of our presents to eachother! Can you tell we don't get gifts very often!! ;-)

    I love the plumber bum!!

    ReplyDelete