This past week the weather was pretty nice so we had the chance to get outside and play at the park and do lots of chalk. The first half of the week, Adessa was sick with the 24 hour flu. It started Monday night. But I didn't think too much of it as she has been coughing and puking. So I still took Danika to school. Adessa puked a couple more times, but seemed totally herself. So I ventured to get our groceries... bad idea! I feel stupid even writing this! I was about halfway done, with a pretty full shopping cart when Adessa started puking, I tried to catch it, but it just kept coming, and covered the shopping cart and floor. I didn't know what to do. Part of me thought, "oh I should just go quickly pay for these groceries," and the other part of me thought, "RUN!!!" I did the latter. I felt horrible, but I just didn't know what to do! Needless to say, once we got home, Adessa was back to herself... running around like crazy (she literally puked as she was running... and kept going!) So I deemed that she definitely did have the flu and that we needed to stay home.
When Danika gets sick I lay a towel on the couch, plug in some movies and give her a bucket, and she lays there and is so cuddly. Not so with Ms. Adessa. Being sick didn't slow her down. However she was quite irritable and didn't know what she wanted, but one thing is for sure she did not sit down and watch a show!
This will be Danika's Kindergarten class next year. It is right behind our house, a brand new school with its own views of the ocean!
Ms Adessa on the mend
Danika and Lize helping me make banana muffins in their aprons (it was St.Patrick's day, note the shamrocks!)
Eating the fruits of their labor!
End of the week Sharon came by for a visit and the kids played play dough

Me in the kitchen

Adessa happily eating her "yo-yo" (aka... yogurt)

Saturday I was not feeling very well.. came down with a bad cold after my sleepless nights with Adessa! So we went out to Mesachie Lake to the Burdges resident. It was so nice and restful. The kids played great, the men went outside to play with Chris' new quad and built a trail behind the house and I curled up on the couch while Sharon took the kids for a walk. She is such a great friend and we all have so much fun at there house!!! : )

On a side note--This week Adessa ate half a stick of chalk and a couple of handfuls of dirt.
haha love the side note... silly girl. Danika is looking so old! Geez they grow up too fast :(
ReplyDelete