After contemplating for a couple of weeks, I made the decision on Friday to take a night off from being a mommy and go to camp! My good friend Sharon invited me to the women's retreat at camp qwanoes in which Carolyn Arends was the speaker. The retreat started Friday night, but we didn't arrive until Saturday at dinner as Sharon was training to do the census. I was soooo glad I went! I mean I am super familiar with camp as we spent 2 years there, however it was different and so nice to just be a camper and not have my children to chase around!
We ate a lot, which was to be expected, I mean we are at camp AND we don't have to cook it or clean it... that alone was worth the night away! BUT as an added bonus we were able to listen to a wonderfully gifted speaker/singer/songwriter. I wish I was there for the entire weekend and could have heard all of her sessions, but that will be for next time!
We were both planning on having our own room, with lots of space to relax and stretch out, and spend the night talking. However that did not occur, we arrived to a FULL room and were sentenced to the top bunks. My goodness did they make me feel old! Especially when you have to get up at night x2 to pee!! I did not sleep much, maybe 4 hours tops that night as I spent the night talking to Lana, our pastors wife and getting to know her! While my partner in crime for the weekend bailed on a late night by stuffing plugs in her ears!! (smart girl!)

Sharon brought her super awesome hats with lights built into them, so we put them on and went on an adventure down to the ocean!

Yes we're moms... but we like to have fun!!!

Late night kitchen break-in (it was actually unlocked, but it sounds cooler if you say break-in!)

Carolyn Arends sporting her Canucks jersey and putting on a late night concert. The game was put on intermittently, but they lost : (

After an early morning hot tub, due to my lack of sleep and aching body we headed down to the beach for some morning snapshots. We both feel so blessed by the wonderful life God has blessed us each with, and it was sure easy to be thankful on such a GORGEOUS morning! The ocean is so peaceful.



So Fun! Glad you got a night away sis, you deserved it!
ReplyDelete