Unfortunately we live much too far away from our own fathers to do any celebrating with them... wish we could have! But the girls and I tried to make the day special for Steve. He wanted to try a new trail he had found so we tried it thinking it would lead us to our own private beach, but after a half hour of hiking with 2 little girls straight down we came to a GIANT cliff so decided to turn around and just go park at the beach! Adessa started crying half way through as we always have her stroller, but didn't today. "I am not really good at hiking!" (in a wailing voice) I asked her what she was good at and she replied, "Well.... I'm really, really good at coloring, but NOOOOT hiking!" It was pretty cute! I told her we just needed lots of practice like we do with coloring. And so when we parked in Maple Bay and had to hike down the giant stairs and find a wonderful sunny spot her attitude changed and she loved it!
My view for the afternoon
 |
| Steve fishing by himself... his new hobby |
 |
| The girls made this little paper boat in Sunday school and so we tried it out |
 |
| But it sort of floated away and then got soaked and ripped... o well! |
 |
| The boat floating towards Fisherman Steve out on the point |
 |
| Didn't catch anything, but still nice to be out |
 |
| Happy Fathers Day to my best friend, and the best daddy in the world!!!! xoxoxo |
PRICELESS Adessa in that last shot!!!
ReplyDelete