This past weekend my little Danika was a camper at the Juniors retreat at camp Qwanoes. She had such a busy day, as her class went to Capernwray on Thetis Island all day Friday and played outside all day, then she came home, we ate dinner, packed her bags and went to our last night of Awana. Straight from Awana I drove Danika to camp Qwanoes for her first retreat! Our day was such a rush that on the way out the door things were forgotten... a coat, her stuffie and her towel. So she was pretty upset when she realized, and then that Steve wasn't with us to drop her off, it all hit her at once. But once we got to camp and found out her counselor was Victoria (she is Danikas Awana leader!) and that she knew every single girl in her room, she was pretty happy. She begged me to write her a note thought, so I put one under her pillow.
It was so weird being back at camp, with a camper! I knew so many of the staff still, but we haven't been back in quite some time! They sent us the highlight video of the weekend and Danika was so happy to be in it a couple of times!
Victoria wanted a picture with all her favorite Qwanoes girls...
Victoria and a few of her campers.

On the Saturday while Danika was at camp, Steve was out fishing, so I took the girls to the parents unite garage sale in Duncan, scored a few nice things for the girls and then went and had coffee with Chelsey and her girls, and we walked over to the park.

Friday night... dropping the girls off at club coco.. both a little nervous!

Danikas class made a quilt for the Annual DCS silent auction, she was so proud of it and wanted me to take a picure... hers is the one in the middle with the heart and cross. Each quilt square has a bible verse on it.

A couple of days this week it felt like summer... +26 in our backyard... after a long day at work, no shirt and a beer is the only way to do it!

We heard Alberta got more snow... so the girls said they missed snow and decided to toboggan on the nice, green grass! haha

Meeting the newest additions to the Nagtegaal farm... pigs! Amara was in love and kept saying, Want one! Want one!

The evenings I get out for my runs I am so captivated by the beauty of Gods creation all around me and I am thankful for this beautiful place I call home! This is the pear tree in our front yard.


Monday was our Easter dinner with the Burdges. I spent a solid three hours cooking dinner... making a ham, broccoli casserole and a potato casserole. I always think it isn't going to take too long... but the amount of dishes and prep work always amazes me.. and not in a good way! But it was worth it! It was a gorgeous day, and the burdges came over and we checked out a local tea farm I have been wanting to go to for a long time. It is such a cute little place... but will definitely go back without children adn enjoy a nice tea and treat... had a very Zen feel to it that our children ruined!

The men sat outside while Sharon and I ordered tea and the children ran wild!
We then crossed the street to Eves park... a favorite of ours and went for a little walk. The kids all had so much fun, playing hide and seek through the forest. We then went home, started a fire and ate Easter dinner around a beautiful bonfire! Sharon brought a delicious cherry pie for dessert which was amazing and then the kids watched a movie while we hot tubbed. It was a wonderful day! And a great way to spend our Easter Monday!
After the burdges left- Steve really got the fire going! 😳









No comments:
Post a Comment