Saturday, January 7, 2012

Banff Date Night

After a long day in the car, a lovely visit/dinner with the Carruthers, a fun time at the hotel with the swimming pool to ourselves, followed by a very unpleasant night with one little 2 year old who had the flu, another long day in the vehicle, much more pleasant with 2 year old zonked out by gravol, we finally arrived at our first destination... Cochrane. Where we spent a wonderful week visiting and celebrating Christmas together.
Steve and I were very blessed with a couple of dates. The first one was a date to the mall with no children! We ended up spending a lot of time in the giant Bass Pro Shop and played a few rounds at the shooting range. Followed by my wonderful husband spoiling me by following me into every single shoe shop in the entire Balzac mall on the hunt for the perfect pair of boots! After spoiling me once, he then took me to Banff for a night away with no children... and we sure did enjoy ourselves! I have wonderful in-laws and the girls had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa!

Eating Fondue at the Grizzly house with my best friend
I was pretty stoked about the chocolate fondue!
My new boots! Which I LOVE!
The cool hot tub underneath the hotel, it had a huge hole leading outside

The amazing Alberta sun sets... I sure have missed the endless blue sky, sunsets and mountains!
Leaving Banff... I had lots of fun with Steve's iphone and the program instagram... takes such neat photos! ... I also had an AMAZING time with my AMAZING, WONDERFUL husband. It was so nice to get away just the 2 of us and we felt very blessed to have that opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment