This morning I woke up early (6am) to do my Jillian Michaels workout DVD as I have been trying to fit it in before the girls wake up and to have my devotional time. Then woke up the girls to get them ready for school. We bundled up and Steve walked up with us. We noticed quickly the lack of children and lights on at the school. I was very confused, questioned whether it was the weekend or not, ran in to check the calendar, asked Danika if the teachers said anything (to which she replied that all the teachers said they would be late!) and realized school was cancelled due to an 'ice day' (as it started to rain) as I met a few other parents at the school.
So we made the best of it! Since we were already geared up we got in a couple of hours outside, tobogganing, building snowmen and snow forts! It was fun! Then we went inside to get ready to go into town to do groceries and one of Danika's little friends from school called for a play date. So I dropped Danika off and she got to toboggan more as Adessa and I went into town. We came home made some chili and home made buns in the bread maker, and then the girls and I made pink play dough! The snow was mostly rained away, the girls had a bath and Steve and I got to watch a movie.
The Fitzpatrick Snowman Family (we couldn't make a snow dog, so meeko had to be in the pic too!)
Meeko ate a couple of the noses...
The girls in their tiny mom-made snow fort... if daddy had made it, i'm sure it would have been big enough for the 2 of them!
It was a really n'ice' day!
No comments:
Post a Comment