Saturday, January 21, 2012

Today was busy... and I loved it! I wouldn't want it everyday, but sometimes its nice! In the morning we had some friends over who recently moved to Fernie, but came back for a visit. We had a yummy brunch and I tried overnight french toast from the best of bridge cook book. It was amazing!! Not one bit of healthy in there, lots of bread, cream cheese, maple syrup and raspberries... but it was delicious!
As soon as they left I took Danika to a school friends birthday party, in which they had invited the entire class! From there we went to a meet and greet of sweet little Makeda. Makeda is the daughter to a friend of mine, who went through a 3 year process to adopt this little doll from Ethiopia. She has blogged her journey here... and what an amazing story it is. Recently this family moved to Airdrie and we had yet to meet Makeda, but were so blessed to have gotten too. She is the sweetest, smiliest little girl, who loves to suck her thumb and cuddle. She has the tightest little curls on her head and when pulled straight revealed quite long hair. She has beautiful large brown eyes and you could tell she just adored her mommy. It was so special to finally meet her!!
From there I dropped my girls off with a friend and then went to church for a Kids land volunteer party. We ate food, played games and laughed. And now I am home... it was a full day, but I loved it all!

Danika, Makeda and Adessa
Makeda waving
Precious little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment