Friday, February 25, 2011

I love owning a home, and particularly love our home. Sure it could be bigger, with an extra bedroom and larger playroom, but would I ever be satisfied, or do you just keep wanting bigger and better??? Anyways the reason I say this is because I love to entertain and have people in my home, and we have never really had space to do so in the past. Last night we had Steves new business partners family of 6 over for dinner that was decided that morning. They have 4 children and the kids played so well together. Then for dessert we had ice cream with some homemade maple syrup(that they tapped maple trees for!).

The past few weeks I have been working on a website for Steve's and Mike's new business and published it last week. I have really enjoyed the challenge of working on it and figuring it out and in a sense feeling useful. I know I am useful to my children and my household, but sometimes it all feels so mundane and I just want to feel like I am contributing something.. anyways all that to say, that it was fun to work on and figure out this website, and I hope to make it better as we go along with Steve's new business. (Did I mention he was starting his own reno/building company?)

Back to loving to entertain... this evening we had 2 different families over, which made 12 of us. There were 6 little girls as both couples have 2 little girls each. So that was fun to see them all together, and they all played so well. Danika was the oldest of them all, so she felt pretty proud! We planned this get together this morning, they brought the food and I made a giant apple crisp. The crisp turned out quite excellent, and it was fun because I was able to use some of the frozen apples from our own apple tree. We love the last minute get togethers because then there is no pressure for everything to be perfect and it is always so relaxed and chill... just the way I like it!

The three middle children having a snack, I didn't get a picture of the oldest 2 or the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment