Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday

We woke up early this morning to the earth shaking (well Steve did!) I remember just asking him what that was and then I must have passed out again. Apparently there was an earthquake this morning that registered a magnitude of 2.89! Pretty crazy! Anyways the girls and I got ready, dropped Danika at preschool and then Adessa and I headed to MOPS. We had a great morning and Adessa turned a page. She has never been good at being dropped off with childcare, and usually needs to be soothed the whole time, but this morning I guess she was super happy, didn't cry once and played the whole time! I hope this is a new page!
It was a nice break for me and we talked about marriage and individuality and how important it is not to lose yourself once you get married. To make sure that each individual is making time for themselves doing something they enjoy so that they can pour into others. It was good to hear, because sometimes as a mother, wife, house cleaner and meal preparer you get lost in that. Steve has always been good at letting me have my space and taking the girls when I just need a break, and I am so thankful for that!
Adessa was in such an awesome mood today, and we had such a great day together! Danika did her new puzzle we gave her for valentines, the girls 'bathed' their Polly pockets in the sink, and actually got along!! And Steve got the baseboards all up (which has been quite the process!!) This evening Danika and I went to girls club in town and Danika had memorized her memory verse so she got a treat (very happy about that!) and they made books in which their friends could autograph their names. I was soooo proud of Danika tonight, she signed her name on every ones book and didn't even ask me for help! It is pretty amazing considering she is 4 and the rest of the girls are all between grades 1-6!
Adessa had 3 teeth come in this week and I peeked in her mouth today and they are all through so I hope this happy girl I saw today sticks with us the rest of the week!


My baby girl is growing up... she is so beautiful!!!

1 comment:

  1. What?! An earthquake?? How come I don't know about these things? You do know to go stand in the bathtub if its a big one right? ;) Just worrying about ya!

    ReplyDelete