Friday, February 18, 2011

My Poor Puppy!

Yesterday was a little rough. The morning started out nice as a friend picked up Danika to take her to preschool, so Adessa and I had the morning to ourselves. I think I had mentioned that the last month or so had been pretty rough with Adessa as she was constantly hitting, screaming and biting. And then in the last couple of days I noticed a few teeth had come in and she has been such a joy! This morning she was playing by herself! It was sweet, I hear some sweet singing and go into Danika's room and Adessa was playing Polly pockets on the ground. She was also just dancing around the house singing (she has a beautiful voice!) and then, this surprised me the most... we sat on the couch and read about 4 books! This is quite the accomplishment as Adessa usually tries to tear the book or just gets up and leaves on the first page! It was nice just having her and seeing a different side of her.
So that was the good part of the day... now for the poor puppy story. A friend and I have been wanting to take our dogs up for a run to Crofton lake, and yesterday seemed like the perfect time. So we met up there and started walking to the spot with our dogs on leashes when out of the blue, their 150 lb bull mastiff pulls Meeko beneath him and attacks him. I had never heard Meeko cry like that before! My first thought was Adessa so the brake on the stroller went on and then I yanked meeko out somehow. There was blood everywhere, it was insane and very scary. At that exact moment the sky let loose and it snowed like crazy! I somehow managed to get both dog and kid up to the van and get him home, where Steve met me to drive him to the vet. There was blood everywhere, my coat, face, hands and the van!
Thankfully though after going under general anesthesia and getting A LOT of stitches he's back home and on the mend! Poor puppy has a big cone head and whimpered all evening. But we are just thankful hes okay, it could have been a lot worse! Now I just have this little cone head following me around, laying at my feet and bumping into everything, and he is so sweet! My poor little puppy!

His poor ear, after I cleaned up all the blood!
My little cone head

No comments:

Post a Comment