Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spring is in the air...

Yesterday the girls and I got outside to play, we pulled out the chalk and the bikes and had fun smelling the fresh air and feeling the sunshine. There were lawnmowers outside, pressure washers cleaning the winter dirt off and burn piles for the spring trimming. It is truly amazing, especially after I just arrived home from Calgary where there was a blizzard with a foot of snow and -27!
Anyways, I realized that I am not a very patient person. I am very competitive and like people to catch onto things right away or else I get frustrated very easily. Now lets combine this with my sweet little 4 year old girl who is trying her bike for about the fourth time since we got it... it didn't go to well!! I really did try to be patient and we went at it quite a few times, but after that we both gave up, both frustrated and stating, "Dad can teach you!"
Later as I was talking to my mother on the phone and explaining my silly frustrations, she asked if I would be that way with Ella (my niece) which got me realizing that I have too high of expectations for my children sometimes, like when it comes to riding a bike, or trying to complete valentines day cards for the party the next morning! I need to just chill out, take a deep breath and enjoy the moments with my girls in a loving way... even if it doesn't turn out quite how I would like it!

Adessa prior to digging in the planter boxs with a rake and licking it off as if it were a lollipop!!
Trying to figure out this bike riding thing on a sloped driveway

No comments:

Post a Comment