This weekend Steve bought a truck... the little blue Toyota I pictured in a previous blog post. It was a sweet find. It ended up being the truck of a friend from camp qwanoes. She was the staff childcare worker for the summer. Steve remembers one day he had to park her truck and saying how much he loved it and would love to buy it if she ever sold it... and here we are! Her father is a pastor and Steve had coffee with him, and he was totally honest about the truck, and apparently when they told their daughter we bought it, she cried because she was so happy her little truck went to someone she knew!
Anyways, all that to say that we started the day (after recieving 3 homemade valentine cards by my girl!) by driving up to Sooke to pick up Steve's little car. It took over an hour to get there, so we stayed and had lunch at Mulligans, a sweet little spot that has amazing food, and an excess amount of it! Check out this chicken burger I got...


A random shot of Danika in her onsie pj's
Adessa and I at Mulligans on Valentines
When we arrived home we headed over to the Nagtegaal farm to decorate cupcakes, here is Kailey after eating a delicious chocolate cupcake...
The icing was pretty hard to get out...
Danika's beautiful creation
Lize and her cupcake
Candlelight dinner at night- chinese food with rootbeer for the girls and wine for the 'adults'
Our first course was spring rolls, I asked Adessa if she liked them, this was her response...
notice her face still...
At lease Steve liked them!
My sweet little Valentines
We asked Danika to take a picture of us...
My Love
Adessa eating her Valentine present, a chocolate sucker!


I always remember while growing up that my mom took the time to make special occasions just that... special. I want to make memories with the kids and even though they did have a lot of excess sugar today, they did amazing and we had a great day together!


A random shot of Danika in her onsie pj's
Adessa and I at Mulligans on Valentines
What a GREAT day!! Love the couple shot....haha...no heads!
ReplyDelete