So I mentioned the other day that I got the Deceptively Delicious cook book from the library. Yesterday I finally dove in and did all the prep work. It wasn't too bad. The butternut squash, sweet potatoes and beets all roasted in the oven for an hour and then I let them cool until after the girls went to bed, in which I pureed them all and portioned them out (1/2cup per bag). So now that the tough part is done I am going to try and work my way through the cook book and start with all the recipes with these ingredients first and then I will puree the other ones later. Last night we had the burgers with pureed cauliflower in them and the kids devoured them. My mom asked me why I went to all this work when you can just serve veggies on the side, and I agree... however for things such as the muffins I cooked today or the pink (beets!) pancakes I will try tomorrow- treats in which you wouldn't normally get veggies, I figure why not. Especially since my Ms. Adessa is starting to become quite the picky eater. And it makes me excited to cook and try new recipes and know that my girls are getting nutrition as well!
The portions of my labour...
Adessa adding butternut squash to our applesauce muffins (applesauce canned by moi!)
They were SO good! The girls loved them! MWAHAHAHA!!! I love it!
And a sweet little surprise in our mail today... our FREE (thanks airmiles!) camera. I didn't open it, as my hubby is more excited than I am... but hopefully we can figure it out soon and my pictures will be AWESOME! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment