Thursday, February 9, 2012

Was talking to a friend the other day and she reminded me of this fun, YUMMY after school snack--- Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla chips. All I had were Ancient grain tortilla's so the girls and I cut them like a pizza, spread them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. We then sprayed the tortilla's with cooking spray (very lightly!) But I think they would be extra yummy by melting butter and spreading that on. We had prepared a little bowl with cinnamon and sugar then sprinkled them on the chips, put them in the oven pre-heated to 350 oC for 10 minutes. Took them out, flipped them, sprayed them, sprinkled them and cooked for another 5 minutes. YUM!!!
When I was a kid we lived in Brooks, AB. and we often went to the Taco Time as it was one of the only restaurants in the town (!) and I remember getting the deep-fried chips with sugar and cinnamon on them... these (healthier version) chips took me back!

We were invited for dinner tonight to a friends who asked us to bring desert so while Adessa took her nap (YAY!) I got to bake in silence. I realized how much I LOVE to bake and try new recipes. I often stray away from baking deserts as I end up eating them in this household, as my hubby has something we like to call self-control.. haha. Anyways I tried a new recipe for a marble snacker cake. Which has a base cake mix, separated into 2 different bowls, one you add chocolate chips and the other you add nutella (I LOVE hazelnut chocolate!) Hoping it turns out well... it took me a long time! :)


Oh and guess what?! We just ordered a NEW camera (yay for soon-to-be quality pictures) fully paid for by our Airmiles... the Canon T3, Steve has done a TON of research on cameras and we are both SO EXCITED to get this new one... helps that it is also FREE!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, you NEED to give me the recipe for that bake. I LOOOVE nutella!

    ReplyDelete