Friday, February 10, 2012

This morning I met with a lovely friend at Starbucks and she spoiled us. Latte for me and laptop, popcorn and a special drink for Adessa. We felt so loved... thanks Sharon! :)
We then ran around town doing errands. Dollar store for valentines stuff, library for our movie night and groceries. Adessa fell asleep on the way home so Danika and I worked on her valentines for school friends. When Adessa woke up we got our full rain gear on and walked to the post office and then Danika really wanted to go to the ocean. We had a wonderful adventure. It was raining lightly, the ocean was completely calm and we threw rocks in as Meeko ran around. It was perfect, I don't know why we don't do this EVERYDAY!!! It's funny (and sad) how once you are in a place for a long time you take for granted what you have!
The girls and I came home and I let the girls decorate their own pizzas for our weekly pizza and movie night. I used to make my own pizza dough and will every once in a while, but I started buying whole wheat pocket less pita's and making individual ones instead... much quicker and just as tasty! We really want to make a point of making one night of the weekend (Friday or Saturday) a special family night. With pizza and a movie or game. And carry that on forever! After reading some parenting books, it is important to make it a habit before your kids grow up so that when they are teenagers they know one night is for family. I hope we can carry it through and never allow life to get too busy that we forget to just have fun as a family!
That being said, time for pizza and a movie!

Their lovely creations....

1 comment:

  1. we use the atkins hamburger buns for our pizza bottoms for the kids lunches!!

    ReplyDelete