I have had full, productive days the last little while and I credit them to my 6am work-out mornings. I feel so energized and ready to take on the day when I have had an hour or two to myself in the morning, to work out and do my devos. However things changed yesterday morning when I went to stretch and something went wrong in my back... which slowly creeped up my neck and had me laid out on the couch last night in lots of pain. This morning I took a Robax pill because I was non-functional (don't know if that's a word!) and that seemed to do the trick, for another productive day. (I mean whats resting when your a mother!)
Danika was off school early so we met up with some friends in Duncan and spent a LONG time at the McDonald's play place. We were thinking of going to Jumping Jimminys in Nanaimo, but decided against it... saved ourselves a ton of driving and money and the kids had so much fun in the needing to be renovated play place. (Do not worry, I fully disinfected their hands after... and the body was done this evening!) From there we did some running around to do errands, like running into the grocery store solo while Sharon stuck around with the kids.
From there we headed to the duck pond. The girls had a great time... Adessa loved feeding the duckies and scared me with her enthusiasm, getting much too close for my liking to the edge. She much preferred chasing the ducks then playing in the park as her sister was doing. Here are a few shots of our fun afternoon--
Concentrating on breaking the bread into small pieces
The boys
The lovely Mrs. Zalinko... with her bread bag
I wish there were just ducks... sea gulls are disgusting and noisy!
Sharon got a couple of surprise bags from Ardene's, and in them were these lovely rock star sunglasses she gave me... thanks for the great day Sharon!
My little monkey and I. This little girl kept me on my toes all day, she never sits still, runs all over the place and always (never fails) asks for treats! I love you my little go-getter, but please continue to nap so mommy gets a break! (she hasn't the last couple of days!)
Danika checking out the ducks
It was fun to join you girls at the "pond"! I agree about the seagulls. Yuck. Nice to see you again. Come out to the Lake soon!
ReplyDelete