These cookies have a full container of chick peas in them. My kids will not eat chickpeas in anything (no, not even hummus) but they will in these!!! The recipe calls for the container just drained and rinsed, but I fully puree the peas. Best part, nobody knows what is in them.. and Steve loves them too! I love putting them in the freezer and eating them cold. SO GOOD! And I don't even feel guilty indulging in one... or two!!!
I just got the whole Deceptively Delicious Cookbook from the library to try it out, but I love the concept and hope to implement deceptive cooking in my home for my picky eaters!
My little helper
Ingredients
- nonstick cooking spray
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 c trans fat-free soft tub margarine
2 large egg whites
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar and margarine with a wooden spoon or on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg whites and vanilla, then the chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms.
3. Drop the dough by the tablespoonful (I use my ice cream scoop) onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake until the cookies are golden brown and just set, 11 - 13 minutes; do not over bake. Transfer to a rack to cool.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Or I love to put them in the freezer and eat them frozen.
2. In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar and margarine with a wooden spoon or on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg whites and vanilla, then the chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms.
3. Drop the dough by the tablespoonful (I use my ice cream scoop) onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake until the cookies are golden brown and just set, 11 - 13 minutes; do not over bake. Transfer to a rack to cool.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Or I love to put them in the freezer and eat them frozen.
*recipe from cook book!
ENJOY!!!
i have the cookbook--want to borrow it long term?
ReplyDeleteI love the idea to puree them. I've seen that recipe and skipped over it because of the whole chick peas in it. Will have to try your version!
ReplyDelete