Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We LOVE Green Smoothies!

I have found a great love for my Magic Bullet to make these wonderfully healthy little 'treats' for the girls. We have been drinking them often and I feel so good about them!
I pack the cup half full with spinach, add one banana, a little bit of water, a few ice cubes, a few strawberries and a tablespoon of either flax or chia seeds. Grind it up and the girls slurp it down and ask for more. To make a purple smoothie, we've added blueberries instead of strawberries. I would highly recommend them, they are delicious!
Adessa loves mustaches... so made one of her own!
Adessa and I had been having them for a few days, but Danika was a little skeptical
This one loves them...
And this one asked for more!

1 comment:

  1. My 2 younger boys love them too, and Max tolerates them when I give him the option of drinking the smoothie or eating a plate full of spinach. I need to make bigger ones so I can have some too. I add frozen pineapple (from fresh, not canned) to mine and it's super tasty.

    ReplyDelete